The Guardians of Lake Venado & the Provincial Government of North Cotabato
invite you to the
1st Gov. Lala J. Talino-Mendoza Mt. Apo Extreme Challenge 2012
August 25-26, 2012
Barangay New Israel, Makilala, Cotabato
This is an open challenge outdoor activity that will be held in Mt. Apo and in the area of Kidapawan, Makilala, Magpet all in North Cotabato. This activity is also one way promoting and protecting our potential tourism destination here in our province.
This is a two-day outdoor activity. Target participants of this activity are coming from the cities of Zamboanga, Dipolog, Iligan, Cagayan, Malaybalay, Butuan, Surigao, Tagum, Davao, Digos, Marbel, Cotabato, Kidapawan and other neighboring Provinces in Mindanao and also open internationally and expected that the outdoor enthusiast here in our Province will participate on the activity like the mountaineers, mountain bikers, and marathoners.
This race is extremely a MACHO race totaling approximately 85 km in distance (38 km in Mt.Climbing/
trekking, trail blazing/running and river crossing and 48.1 km in Mountain Biking). Terrain varies widely from moderate to extremely difficult. This race is open to all amateur and professional adventure racers, local and international. Each team is responsible in bringing in their own tools and equipment and their support staff.
The Mt. Apo Extreme Challenge 2012 event aims to:
- To promote North Cotabato tourism destination
- Promote tourism activity in North Cotabato
- To gather outdoor enthusiasts
- To protect the flora and fauna of Mt. Apo
- To educate the next generation on protection and preservation of our environment in a way of Outdoor activity.
- This activity is open to all group or individual mountaineering and outdoor enthusiasts.
- The activity proper will be on August 25-26, 2012
- Team composition (3 pax Team, 3 Logistics)
- Competition composed of Mountain Climbing and Mountain Biking
- 1st day of the activity is mountain climbing at Brgy. New Israel, Makilala while the 2nd day is for mountain biking which starts at Lake Agco, Kidapawan City and passes through the Municipality of Magpet with the finish line in Amas Provincial Capitol.
- All participants will pass through Makalangit of Brgy. New Israel, Lake Ma-ag, Mt. Apo summit, Lake Venado, Agko Resort and will finish in Amas Provincial Capitol.
- Registration and meeting place will be held at the Barangay New Israel, Makilala on the whole day of August 24, 2011.
- All participants shall observe and abide the tourism destination rules and regulations formulated by Local Government Unit.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 18 years old above
- Compose of 3 pax per team
- Physically and Mentally Fit
- Birth Certificate/Any proof of legal age
- Medical Certificate
- Mountain bike
- Climbing gear
- Champion – P 70,000.00
- 2nd Place – 40,000.00
- 3rd Place – 20,000.00
- 4th Place – 10,000.00
- 5th Place – 5,000.00
- 6th-10th Place – 2,000.00 (each team)
REGISTRATION IS FREE
Only 30 teams will be accepted.
Free jerseys will only be given to the player members of the team.
Download Mt. Apo Extreme Challenge 2012 Registration Form and submit to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further inquiries, you may contact:
- Tel. No. (064) 278.4136 Mobile no.+63.939.1497.786
- Tel. No. (064) 278.7053 Mobile no.+63.939.9064.243
- Tel. No. (064)278.7053 Mobile no.+63.928.3343.690