invites you to the
14th Tour of the Fireflies
November 18, 2012
The Bicycle Revolution continues with the B.E.S.T. – Bicycles as Environmentally Sustainable Transportation, theme of the Tour of the Fireflies this year. This year’s Tour will traverse the Green and Bicycle-friendly cities of Pasig, Marikina and Quezon City. Firefly Brigade hopes to encourage more cities in Metro Manila to promote the use of bicycles as environmentally sustainable transportation.
Tiendesitas, Frontera Drive near C5, Pasig City
Ride Out Time:
Assembly time is 5:30am. Ride-out time is 7:00am.
Distance and Duration:
Estimated length of the route is approximately 35 kms which will take about 3-4 hours to complete.
The pace will be a relaxed 12-15 kph controlled by the pacer marshals. It is not a racing event but a fun, no-frills, bicycle ride around Metro Manila.
Rest and Stops:
There will be hydration stations in key areas along the route to re-group and re-hydrate. Cyclists who want to stop while riding should move to the side of the road to avoid any congestion and accidents.
Support and Gear (SAG) Vehicle and Ambulance:
SAG vehicles will trail the peloton to assist the riders unable to continue the ride.
- All participants must be physically and mentally prepared and agree to the waiver and quit claim in the registration form.
- Children below 18 years old must be accompanied by a registered adult participant.
- All riders are required to wear a helmet. No helmet, no ride.
- Bring your water and personal snack.
Registration and Firefly Brigade Projects:
The Tour of the Fireflies is a free event open to everyone who care about the environment and are willing to take action in making Metro Manila a healthier city. A minimal donation of P100 will support the operations and following project of the Firefly Brigade:
- Organizing monthly Critical Mass Rides (CMR)
- Organizing the Clean Air Ride every November
- Providing bicycle clinics on Safe Urban Cycling and Bicycle Commuting
- RACK (Raising Awareness, Capacities and Knowledge-sharing) project for bicycle parking in Metro Manila
- Lobbying the government to adopt sustainable transport policies
Souvenir Tour Shirt and Jersey:
Limited edition Tour Jersey and Shirt now available for reservation for online registrants!